Thursday, February 19, 2009

Quilters block

I am totally blocked and restless, can't seem to focus on one project to finish it. I have gone through my stash, over and over. I pull something out, lay out all the fabrics and try to get inspired but I can't. I have even sewn alittle on some UFO's but can't seem to really get into a project. I keep looking at quilting blogs trying to get inspired but can't seem to put the fabrics I already have into the patterns and ideas I am seeing on the blogs. I think I really want to go out and buy some new fabric, but can't justify the cost when I have a room full of fabric just waiting to be used. What to do??? Hmmm...

2 comments:

Sara said...

When I get in those funks (that's what I call it) I just sit myself down in front of my sewing machine and start sewing scrap strings or blocks together. It never fails to get me in the creating mode and then I willing start on the next project.
Get to it! You'll feel better for it!

helen-mary said...

I agree with Sara. Make a bunch of scrappy 9-patch blocks. They make beautiful quilts. The bonus... at the end you get to go buy a nice neutral for alternate blocks to set the 9-p's wtih. This will feed the fabric-buying dragon lurking in your belly.