Sunday, February 8, 2009

Pink and Brown

I have had a lavender and purple bathroom for about 6-7 years now. It started when I lived in Lacey, Wash. and I remodeled the bathroom after my youngest son moved out. Made the main bathroom into a girly one with lavender walls, a quilted lavender and purple shower curtain, white cabinets, etc... So then came the move to Salem, Ore. and I put the same shower curtain up in the duplex I rented for the first year I lived here. Then I bought this house and it was an easy at the time decision to paint the main bathroom lavendar and put up the same quilted shower curtain. Well how do I say this but I am sick of it. Sick of looking at the same shower curtain, walls, colors - all of it. So I have been thinking maybe I would paint the walls a mint green and quilt a new shower curtain with pinks and greens. I brought home some paint samples and have had them up in the bathroom and I keep looking at them. The green just didn't do anything for me. Then I finally came to the decision that I really want the bathroom pink - pink walls with the white trim. The counter top is speckled and will match anything. Then I can quilt a shower curtain in pinks and browns. I am excited to begin collecting fabrics for this new project and am also dreading the painting (I hate to paint). If I am lucky I may be able to talk my Daddy into painting it for me. Hannah is excited with this color scheme as pink is her favorite color and her bedroom is light and dark pink and entire wardrobe is some version of pink. I will post pictures as I progress through this change but for now it is a plan in process.

No comments: