Tuesday, March 17, 2009

You've Got Blog

In the movie You've Got Mail, Kathleen Kelly (aka. Meg Ryan) is talking about going home and reading her e-mail everyday and she says - I log on and wonder, "what will NYC152 say today". That is so me, I get home from work and log on and wonder, "what will the blogs say today".

You see, I don't have alot of crafting friends here. I moved away from all my quilting and crafting friends about 6 years ago. My mother, who was my first crafting influence, is older and limited in what she can do. My sister is not a crafty type (hard to believe we have the same genes), and my daughter is still in the learning stages. I have tried the local quilt guild but unless I am over 70 with white hair, I didn't feel like I fit in. I have joined one quilting group, but it is hard being a single parent trying to participate on school nights and still stay on schedule. Soooo, I get my ideas, my inspiration and my delight in my daily cruise through the blogs. I feel like I know some of you by your blogs and pictures. I am still learning my way around this blog world, but so far am loving it.

And by the way, tomorrow during my lunch hour from work I am heading to the book store to find the Farm Chicks book! Can't wait! Judi

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Judi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I hope that I motivate you in some ways. I'm sure that you will find someone in your area that shares your interests. When I started quilting, I was 26 and there were very few people that were my age. I hung in there because I loved the art and eventually found many wonderful, interesting people that I cherish (both young and old. Have a wonderful week and I'd love to find out where yo found those feed sacks!!!

jacquie said...

i feel the same way...guild is too old...none of my friends even sew...my blog friends are my sewing buddies.