Monday, May 18, 2009

Quilting Away

I have been working madly on a quilt that will hopefully be a special wedding gift. Bryndle, a very special friend to my daughter and I, is getting married in June and my daughter is the flower girl in the wedding. Bryndle and her husband to be Steve, have bought a home and fixed it up. Their colors are teal and brown and they have alot of brown but not alot of teal. The minute I saw their home and furniture I knew it needed a homemade quilt draped over the back of the couch to snuggle under and watch movies together (them, not us). So a quick trip to Craft Warehouse, lucky me hit the sale, and a bag of gorgeous fabric later I have been sewing like mad. I need to get it in the mail to the quilter ASAP so must keep sewing, must keep sewing, must keep sewing. It is going to be different, of course no pattern, just random piecing and squares. I will post a picture before it is wrapped and given away. Bryndle and her future husband are an inspiration to me. I thought purity was all gone and lost in this world, but they took a vow of purity and are truly waiting for their wedding night. I so admire their faith and the fact that they walk their talk. Thanks Bryndle and Steve for the great role models that you are to the world. Must get sewing, must get sewing...

1 comment:

Farmchick said...

Hi~I noticed your blog name on blogfrog showing that you had visited my blog! Thanks for having me on your blogroll too! I enjoyed reading through your blog. I would love to see the finished quilt....I love browns and teals together. I also read the post about your grandson -- I am so sorry for your families loss. It brought tears to my eyes. I hope that you have a safe and happy Memorial Day. ~Tania~ By th way...I hope you will stop by again and if you can...leave me a comment too!!